Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Things are moving right along!

I just came back from my latest sonogram appointment.  The nurse said my lining looked great, measuring about 9 mm and 11 mm on the two different measurements (I think-the screen wasn't really facing me as much as it usually is so those are the numbers I think I saw).  She said we are right on track for a transfer next week.  After looking at the doctor's schedule, she picked 2:45 on Monday, December 7th.  We finally decided to transfer just one embryo this time. There was a lot of debate between ourselves over one or two (my rational side said one, while the hormonal/emotional side said two), but both the doctor and the embryologist suggested just one since they are rated perfect quality.  The embryologist said that if the one embryo doesn't thaw very well and the quality is downgraded, they can quickly thaw another and we can transfer two in that situation.  So this is all exciting news!

I have one more subcutaneous shot of Lupron to give myself tonight and then Spencer takes over with the intramuscular ones in my bum for the progesterone.  Knowing how well it went last time, I don't think I'm as nervous about these this time around.  I don't have to do the patches of estrogen like last time; it's just a pill form of estrogen this time.  I'm happy with this because the sticky from the patches was hard to get off and the patches were just kind of annoying.  I'm not really sure what else to write about right now, so I'll just leave you with what Spencer says is his favorite part of the blog (and something I'd stopped doing):

Shot/blood draw counter: IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII I

Symptom tracker: tired (sleepy time is around 8:30/9 pm most nights), nose goes crazy with random smells, taste buds are off making lots of food not as delicious as it used to be, dizzy more often, a little bloated most of the time, hot flashes occasionally, cry more at things that shouldn't really make a grown woman cry (the news gets really iffy sometimes depending on how many heartwarming stories they have to share)

No comments:

Post a Comment