Monday, February 27, 2017

17 weeks

I finally have a bunch of maternity clothes! Thanks to my sister for going shopping with me. I felt bad that she was mostly just following me around the stores and watching me try on clothes. But she had good suggestions (she has way more fashion sense than I do) and we had some fun conversations. Motherhood maternity overwhelmed me surprisingly. H&M and Old Navy had small sections of maternity clothes with some basics so there weren't too many decisions to make. Motherhood had tons of everything in tons of colors! Awesome selection; just didn't know what I needed or wanted so browsing could lead to an expensive trip. I'm gonna wait before I go back there when I have something specific in mind. Funny side note- I overheard a clerk offering a fake bump to someone in the dressing room so they could see how the outfit would fit in a few months. Quite clever!

Shopping wore me out pretty good, so the rest of the weekend was spent napping and lounging around. Gotta start learning to walk slower or I'm gonna stress the babies when out shopping or walking around campus. I'm still battling some blah feeling and a lack of appetite. No more morning sickness (as long as I take my diclegis each night). I tried skipping it one night and that was a rough day the next day. I keep hoping my appetite will come back in full force because I'm not gaining as much weight as I'd like. I'm only up 5/6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at 17 weeks.

Other than this, it's mostly just waiting and planning to prepare. Waiting to find out genders and then really start preparing from there. I have a plan for a registry list started and starting to think of nursery themes. Toying with whether we can afford a minivan or just try to make do with my Corolla (paid off and I doubt we will go many places for a while with two wee little ones). Trying to figure out what our plans will be for babies sleeping in the first few months to decide what to buy (crib, bassinets, twin pack and play, co-sleeper attachment thing for our bed [how does that work with twins!?]). Talked with the insurance about what's covered and now need to inform the doctor that their original estimate was wrong. So much to do, but so much of it has to wait too. Reminds me of the hurry up and wait of wedding planning; you can only plan and prep so much ahead of time before having to wait until much closer to time to finish the to do list.

No bump pic this week because my photographer is gone right now. I have a post planned for later this week that will have one for ya (and a fun little poll to guess what the genders will be- I'm excited for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment